Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Video: Aleks and The Drummer - "I Want To Melt His Eyes" (Live at Version Fest)



I'm toying with an idea for a post called "The Best Albums of The Year (And Why I'm A Dumbass For Not Having Written About Them)". At the top of the list will be May A Lightning Bolt Caress You by local Chicago-based duo Aleks and The Drummer. Simply put, one of the best things I've heard all year. The whole enterprise sounds like Ray of Light-era Madonna covering Eastern European folk-music using exclusively electronic instrumentation. I found this video, which is a couple of months old, of the twosome performing You standout "I Want To Melt His Eyes" at Version Fest. Watch it at the top of the post. You'll read a review of this record in the next few days, hopefully.

Aleks and the Drummer MySpace Page

(Jonathan Graef)

No comments: