Friday, January 23, 2009

New 1990s - "The Box"


<Download: 1990s - "The Box

I have absolutely no idea when the 1990s talk putting things back into "The Box," but I love to think that it's totally, horribly morbid. I mean, come on, "I'd like to put you back in the box?" "I just want to get back in that box with you?" He's completely talking about a grave? Right? There's no possible other way that this could be interpreted! Seriously though, with the box/socks rhyme scheme and the midtempo glam groove, this plays like the unrealized synthesis between T. Rex and Dr. Seuss. I'm still figuring out whether or not that's good or bad.

At any rate, "The Box," the new song from Glasgow rockers the 1990s, is from its forthcoming album, Kicks, which is set for a release date of March 24, 2009.

No comments: